Describe an expensive activity that you enjoy doing occasionally IELTS CUE CARD.
You should say
- What it is
- Who do you do it with
- Why is it expensive
- And explain how you feel about it
- My main hobbies include streaming movies, reading novels and listening to music.
- So, most of hobbies are actually quite economical.
- But occasionally I like to go for river-rafting at Rishikesh.
- I generally go there with my friends and cousins.
- Unlike, my other hobbies, it is rather expensive as the trip costs about Rs 30,000.
- First, travelling costs amount to about Rs 5000.
- Then, there is accommodation and food cost, which is about the same.
- The rest of the it is the river rafting charges.
- I started doing river rafting about three years.
- One of my friends experienced it and he couldn’t stop talking about it.
- So, during summer vacations that year, three of my friend and I went for river rafting.
- I love the river rafting experience for several reasons.
- But I think the most important reason is that it is thrilling and exciting.
- It gets my blood pumping and I feel so alive when I do it.
- I don’t know swimming and I think that adds to the feeling of danger.
- Another reason why I love river rafting is not about river rafting but rather that the fact that I get to spend time with friends.
- The whole experience takes us about two days and one night.
- During this time, we talk, play games, pull pranks on each and enjoy delicious meals together.
- We have so much fun that time passes away very quickly.
- That’s why I think we have made it a yearly tradition, which we eagerly wait for.
- If it were cheaper, we would have done it more often, but then it would have reduced its charm as well.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions Describe an expensive activity that you enjoy doing occasionally
- What kind of expensive things do people like to buy?
I think it varies from person to person, but generally expensive things people buy involve clothes, technological gadgets like mobile phones and cars and motorcycles. The most expensive product that I own is an Apple computer.
- What the difference between men and women in buying things?
I don’t think there is a major difference today. However, men sometimes make extravagant purchases like a costly watch or a mobile phone. Women, I think make purchases after careful consideration.
- What are advantages and disadvantages of being rich?
I think the biggest advantage of being rich is that you can prioritize your health and fitness over anything else, while poor people sometimes have to sacrifice their health for money. The biggest disadvantage of being rich is that people are always ready to fleece you. People don’t feel guilty about cheating a rich person.
- Why are some of the sports expensive? Are they for everyone?
Some of the sports especially adventure sports are expensive because they require licenses, trained professionals and expensive safety equipment. No, I don’t think everyone can afford them. Also, they are not for the faint of heart because of the risk involved.