You should say
- Where it was
- Who you met?
- When was it?
- Why were you surprised?
- I have very few friends and we are very close to each other.
- So, it is not often I get surprised.
- However, last year, I got a big surprise when I met one of my friends in Chandigarh at Rose Garden.
- I went to Rose Garden with my family during last summer.
- We were all sitting on mat, which we had laid out on the grass, and were enjoying a picnic lunch.
- Suddenly, I felt someone’s hand on my shoulder.
- I turned around and I was surprised to see one of my closest friends Siddharth.
- I knew he was in also in Chandigarh, but I never expected to see him at Rose Garden.
- He told me that he came to know my whereabouts through the photos which I had uploaded on Instagram.
- He was doing some shopping at a mall very close to Rose Garden.
- So, he decided to surprise me.
- He called my sister to find out, where exactly we were in Rose Garden.
- So, actually everyone else knew he was coming, except me.
- It was a big surprise for me.
- My sister also photographed my reaction when I turned around to see him.
- After the big shock, he also joined us for the picnic.
- Then, I spent some time at the mall with him.
- Not surprisingly, we could only do window shopping.
- He still sometimes brings it up by saying that remember the time I surprised you at Rose Garden.
- I am looking for an opportunity to surprise him, like he surprised me.
- But he is expecting it, so it would be very hard to do so.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- Why do friends meet up?
I think there are various reasons. The first is to just spend some time together because for most people doing things together is more fun than doing things alone. Secondly, I think it is just to talk, share and get advice on matters and so on.
- Are there any meetings that people need to plan in advance?
Yes, there are many meetings that people plan in advance like a doctor’s appointment. In case of friends also, it is better to take an appointment because the other person might be busy with work.
- Are there any jobs related to unexpected things?
I think there are companies that help people plan surprise parties. So that maybe a job related to unexpected things. I can’t think of anything else besides that at the moment. In research also, many findings have been unexpected – gravity for example.
- Do unexpected things lead to progress on our society?
Yes, for sure. Like I said before, scientific discoveries happen by chance. The biggest discovery I can think of was of the microwave. It was discovered by the scientists while working on something completely unrelated and now we can’t imagine a kitchen without a microwave.