You should say
- What it is
- How you learned about it
- Why are you interested in it
- I find nearly all the different streams of science like biology, physics and chemistry very difficult.
- But one area that really interests me is astronomy.
- As with many sky enthusiasts, my interest originated in childhood.
- I don’t remember the exact moment, but I do remember being very interested in space in third grade, when I was about seven.
- I remember that there was a presentation in my school on stars.
- I came back home and told my mother that I thought this was great stuff.
- Soon I could recite the names of the planets faster than anyone in the class, which for some reason was very important to me.
- I used to love to sleep outside at night so that I could look at the stars.
- My fascination with space kept growing with age.
- I think my interest stems from my curiosity to learn more about the universe and the solar system.
- Are there aliens? or Are we alone?
- Is there any other planet where we can survive or is Earth the only one?
- Space has endless mysteries and there is so much we can learn from the study of space.
- I am not a big movie buff, but I never miss a movie on space.
- I think I have watched Interstellar ten times now.
- I also love to watch you tube videos on space by famous astronomists.
- I am very interested in buying my own special telescope once I start earning.
- Science is very important in a student’s life.
- It’s through the science subjects that we begin to think logically and find answers to our questions.
- I found all the aspects of science interesting, like physics, biology and chemistry, as these sciences answer everyday questions about why things happen and how we evolved.
- Today I will be talking about a science, which I find the most interesting.
- It is computer science.
- I remember that I started becoming interested in it when we started with the computer science lessons in the 6th standard.
- We had a wonderful teacher who taught us this subject in a very interesting way.
- Her name was Ms. Meenakshi.
- We used to have both theory and practical lessons for this subject.
- We used to look forward to the lab sessions as we got to work on the computers at that time and try out several things we had learned in class.
- The lab sessions were always enjoyable, but our teacher taught it in a very interesting way and we all enjoyed the theory lessons a lot too.
- There are many interesting things that I have learned from this science.
- The first thing is how we can use computers not just as a source of entertainment, but it’s use is much more vast than that.
- It can be used to organize and plan things at home. It can be used for many other day-to-day activities like, banking, research work, shopping, connecting with friends and relatives and so on.
- Not only that, it helps the artists creates new art and helps designers create clothes, cars, buildings, etc.
- Another reason that I have an interest in this science is because I know that in every field today we need to use computers.
- It will help me with my higher studies and also in my career later.
- In this contemporary world, the computer science has become an important science and it is essential that everyone is computer savvy to be able to do well in their studies or work or even if it is used as a source of entertainment.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- What’s the best invention in the past hundred years?
I think there are many inventions which have transformed our lives, but I think invention of internet has had the maximum impact. Today, we have endless information available at our fingertips and we can communicate with anyone sitting anywhere.
- What’s the influence of science on human life?
I think there are two main influences of science. First, science brings logic and reasoning in human life. It reduces the impact of superstition and makes us more open-minded and accepting of others. Second, science and inventions have made our life much more comfortable as compared to the past.
- What can individuals do for scientific research?
I think most science inventions happen accidentally. Individuals see a need and they come up with an idea to address that need. That is how, new inventions take place. Individuals can also donate money to scientific organisation to fund scientific research.
- What influence can international cooperation in science bring about?
There main challenges to scientific research in today’s time is the lack of funding and lack of access to information. International cooperation can address both of them. If countries share funds and their knowledge, scientific research would definitely receive a boost.