You should say
- Where you were
- When it was
- What you did
- And explain why you think it was a waste of time
- No one likes to waste time but still most of us waste time from time to time.
- I think I have also wasted a lot of time but a recent occasion when it happened was during the Corona lockdown days.
- India went into lockdown in the last week of March.
- It was a shock for all of me as I had never faced or even imagined such a situation.
- For the first two three weeks after the lockdown the announced I did nothing.
- I was at home with my family.
- I thought it would be over soon and I will be back in daily routine soon.
- Before the lockdown I was planning to take the IELTS exam.
- But I hadn’t bought any books to prepare.
- During the lockdown no bookstores were open.
- I just kept thinking, I will start preparing once the lockdown is over and things start.
- However, the government kept on extending the lockdown and I just passed my time watching movies, playing mobile games.
- I had a big list of things I wanted to learn – like baking a cake, 3 D origami etc.
- If not study, I could have learnt them.
- And to be honest, I knew that a lot of material for IELTS was available online.
- I could have downloaded it and started studying from the very first day.
- I was at home the whole day and I had no worries.
- It would have been the best time to study.
- I really wish I would have utilized that time more productively.
Part 3 – Follow up Questions
- How can we avoid wasting time?
I think the best way to avoid wasting time is to make a schedule. Also, another thing we can do is to engross our self in work. Only if we are free, we can waste time. We should always keep doing something in our free time. In other words, we should never be free actually.
- Is time management important?
Yes, time management is really important. I think there is only resource that we can never get back and that is time. And there is no bigger regret in life than wasting time.
- Should parents help children manage time?
Yes, in the beginning yes. They can make a timetable for them and make sure they follow it. If children develop such a habit at young age, it stays with them for life.
- Do you think relaxing is a waste of time?
No, I don’t think relaxing is a waste of time. However, relaxing should not be doing nothing. I feel relaxed when I do things I love. Just sitting idle is a waste of time. It is better to do something in our free time than to just sit idle.