In the last article about IELTS Writing Task 2 Topics 2021 With Answers,we studied about parameters on which examiner marks the results of students.
In this article we will see 20 important writing task two question which have been asked earlier in exams.
Types of essay question that can be asked.
Opinion essay-Writing Task 2
An opinion essay is a formal academic essay, which requires you to state your opinion (usually”agree or disagree”) on a given topic.
-You need to provide reasons and supporting details to convince the examiner of your answer.
– There are 2 common approaches to write an opinion essay: l sided and balanced.
Balanced Opinion Essay-Writing Task 2
A balanced essay is an essay where you are inclined to one side of the argument but you do not deny the other side, which means you partly agree or partly disagree with the issue given in the topic.
– BUT – Never sit on the fence, Even if you accept that there are 2 sides of the argument, you still need to choose which one you would agree more.
-You need to analyze both sides of the issue and state which side you are in favor of at the same time.
– There are 2 places where you need to give you opinion: the intro, and the conclusion.
Discussion is a formal academic essay where you are asked to discuss 2 sides of the given argument. The task may or may not ask you for your opinion the issue, only give your opinion if needed.Try to find more than one ideas for each side of the argument.
Samples of IELTS Essay
- ln many countries, good schools and medical facilities are available only in cities. Some people think new teachers and doctors should work in rural oreos for o few years, but others think everyone should be free to choose where they work. Discuss and give your own opinion. 7th Jan 2017 ,india
2. Some people think that the government should make laws regarding nutrition and healthy lifestyle, while others think that it is a matter of personal choice and personal responsibility. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
3. A 100 years ago people think that human race steadily making progress in all areas of life, nowadoys there is less certainty thot is so. ln what areas do you think the most important progress has been made so for? ln what areas more things need to be done?
4. ln schools and universities, girls tend to choose arts subjects, while boys choose science subjects. What is the reason? Should the trend be chonged?
5. Children are facing academic, social and commercial
pressures. Causes and solutions.
6. People should keep all the money they earn and should
not pay tax to the state. Agree or Disagree?
7. Some people think that cultural traditions may be destroyed when they are used as money-making attractions aimed of tourists. Others believe it is the only way to save these traditions. Discuss on both sides and give your opinion.
8. Some people believe that reading stories from a book ls better Than watching tv or playing computer Games for children. to what extend do You agree or disagree?
9. In many parts of the world, children arc given more freedom than in the past is this a positive or a negative development?
10. Because of The global economy, mony goods including who, we use as daily basics produced by other countries have to be transported for a long distance. To what extent do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?